What time does a certain event begin?
Please visit our Activities page for more information
Is it too late to get a vendor spot?
Non-Food Vendor spots are still available. Please visit the Vendor page for more information.
Are pets allowed at the festival?
No, only Service Dogs are permitted.
Is alcohol allowed on festival grounds?
What is the location of the festival?
The festival comprises a large portion of the Town of Aurora, but basically is bound by Main Street, 3rd Street, Chapin Street, and N. 5th Street.
Is there handicap parking available?
Yes, there is a parking is available at the following locations.
- The Aurora Fossil Museum Parking Lot next to the Fossil Park (enter off of N. 5th Street by driving behind the buildings facing Main Street).
- Parking area directly across 3rd Street from the main festival field.
Is there a handicap shuttle service available?
Yes, the Aurora Community Watch will be offering a shuttle service. Please look for signs located throughout the festival area.
When can we fossil hunt?
- The Aurora Fossil Museum's Fossil Park will be open everyday from dawn to dusk.
- Material located on the main festival field will be open to collecting beginning at 6 pm on Friday, May 25th.
Can I bring my own tools to collect fossils?
Yes, but the following rules apply:
- No mechanical screens.
- Allowable maximum screen dimensions: 12 inches x 12 inches.
- Maximum screen size: 1/4 inch
- No water washing material.
- Buckets 5-gallon and over are not permitted.